Frequently Asked Questions
Contrary to popular belief, not all water is the same. The three types of water are utility grade water, working grade water, and life support water.
- Utility grade water comes from the municipal water supplier or out of a well and does not need any treatment because it is usually used to water plants and lawns.
- Working grade water is water that is optimal for bathing in, washing clothes or dishes and best performance of water using appliances.
- Life Support Water is water that has been purified by removing unwanted organic contaminants, as well as man-made chemicals, making it safe for drinking and cooking.
The CDC and EPA suggest getting your water tested every year to ensure your safety. If you are uncertain about what contaminants are polluting your water, you should get your water tested. Unfiltered water can contain excessive iron, chlorine, dirt, bacteria, and dissolved rock. For more information about the specific contaminants that may be in your water, we offer FREE in-home water testing for your peace of mind. Schedule your test today!
Water softeners have endless benefits including reducing energy costs and prolonging the life of your appliances. Other benefits of water softeners include:
- Working grade water that is gentle on your fixtures, plumbing, and appliances
- Eliminate limescale (hardness build up) in showers, shower head, bathtubs, sinks, and faucets
- Softer hair and skin
- 50-80% greater soap and detergent efficiency
- Clothes last up to 30% longer and look brighter
- Filter quality water out every tap
- and many more benefits!
You may be concerned that the cost of water treatment will be detrimental to your budget, we would like to help you think this through. Just like millions of others in Tennessee, you may be dealing with the unpleasant, expensive and sometimes harmful effects of untreated water. Replacing plumbing and appliances, stained and ruined clothes, and excessive amounts of soaps, cleaners, and skin care products are very expensive. In fact, right now you may realize you are investing a large portion of your budget to simply deal with the problems caused by hard water in your home.
For your convenience, we can provide a Monthly Expense Worksheet to help you find out what it is costing you to keep your water the way it is. By using conservative numbers to fill out the worksheet we are confident you will find it is very expensive to not treat your water!